Thursday, August 14, 2008

On Eagles Wings


I find when I put the Lord second in my life to everything else, when I take my eyes off of Christ and focus on what the world has to offer, I begin to worry. I worry about what tomorrow holds, I start to look to my own strengths and forget to remember all that Christ is and all the things He has already done. It is so easy to shift my sights from what Christ wants to what I want. Pray for me, that I not loose sight of that saving, abundant life in our savior, Jesus Christ.

I will go before you and will level the mountains I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron. Isaiah 45:2

I miss, so much, the fellowship on Friday night. I miss you all so much.

I was reading through Isaiah 40 (one of my favorite chapters in all of scriptures) and couldn't get over the richness throughout its text.

To whom then will you liken Me that I would be his equal?" says the Holy One. Lift up your eyes on high and see who has created these stars, the One who leads forth their host by number, He calls them all by name; Because of the greatness of His might and the strength of His power, Not one of them is missing. Why do you say, O Jacob, and assert, O Israel, "My way is hidden from the LORD, And the justice due me escapes the notice of my God"? Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth Does not become weary or tired His understanding is inscrutable. He gives strength to the weary, And to him who lacks might He increases power. Though youths grow weary and tired, And vigorous young men stumble badly, Yet those who wait for the LORD Will gain new strength; They will mount up with wings like eagles, They will run and not get tired, They will walk and not become weary.
Isaiah 40: 25-31

My old, sinful nature doesn't want to wait on the Lord... I've waited for so long. Pray that I remain in Him, fully dependent on His strength, obedient to all that He asks, trusting always in the fact that He knows and is purposeful in all that He does.

Psalm 103
Praise the LORD, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the LORD, O my soul, 
and forget not all his benefits-who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.

1 comment:

Amby100 said...

Praise God for His grace, His forgiveness, and His everlasting love towards us.